There are many great attractions and events taking place all year long in the area; from the Spooner Rodeo and Lumberjack World Championships in the summer, to the American Birkebeiner Cross Country Ski Race in the winter, Heartwood’s surrounding environs offer endless opportunities to embark on new experiences.
Canoeing and Tubing
Rent canoes/tubes to float down the scenic Namekagon River. We can prearrange a trip for you complete with shuttle.
The Washburn county area offers over 960 lakes!
Northern Wisconsin features miles of trails for all kinds of use.
There are golf courses within a short drive from Heartwood, with stay & play packages.
- Black Bear Golf – 10 minute drive
- Spooner Golf Club – 25 minute drive
- Voyager Village – 15 minute drive
Events and Area Calendar
Check out the calendars for area activities.
- Washburn County (Spooner, Minong, Shell Lake, Birchwood)
- Sawyer County (Hayward, Cable)
- Burnett County (Webster, Siren)
- Twin Ports (Duluth/Superior)
Enjoy a large selection of antique and craft shops; there also are many sporting shops for all your outdoor and athletic needs.