There are many great attractions and events taking place all year long in the area; from the Spooner Rodeo and Lumberjack World Championships in Hayward in the summer, to the American Birkebeiner Cross Country Ski Race in the winter, Heartwood’s surrounding environs offer endless opportunities to embark on new experiences.
Canoeing and Tubing
Rent canoes/tubes to float down the scenic Namekagon River right at Heartwood. We can prearrange a trip for you complete with shuttle.
Northern Wisconsin features miles of trails for all kinds of use, in addition to Heartwood’s beautiful trails, find options in Spooner, Hayward and more below.
Heartwood’s Pine Lodge Restaurant is your perfect choice, open for dinner Thurs-Sat, lunch Thurs-Sat, breakfast on Sat & Sun
Events and Area Calendar
Check out the calendars for activities in Spooner, Hayward and more.
- Washburn County (Spooner, Minong, Shell Lake, Birchwood)
- Sawyer County (Hayward, Cable)
- Twin Ports (Duluth/Superior)
Enjoy a large selection of antique and craft shops; there also are many sporting shops for all your outdoor and athletic needs.
There are golf courses within a short drive from Heartwood, with stay & play packages.
- Black Bear Golf – 10 minute drive
- Spooner Golf Club – 25 minute drive
- Voyager Village – 25 minute drive
- Jack Link’s Aquatic and Activity Center – 15 minute drive
The Washburn county area offers over 960 lakes!